Saturday, October 26, 2013

Celebrating Day of the Dead...Ralph Style!

Ralph Spoilsport hosted the best Dia de los Muertos celebration!  It was a great day full of outstanding event boxes and inky fingers. I was really pleased to meet Ralph himself.  It's always great to put a face with a name.

So, I got there a little early to set up the ofrenda. As I was getting settled, I ran into Janila and Crayola Posse. Boy was it great to see them!  It had been years since I had seen them last. As we took our places, I got reacquainted with Dogs with Wings and a little later another pal, Blue Delft, rolled in with her partner in crime, idlemoon.

Once we all got going, it was a frenzy of fantastically creepy and day of the dead themed event boxes and otherwise.  Ralph had done a truly amazing job of crafting some real gems.  His Carnival of Lost Souls was clever, unique, and darkly humorous and his Welcome Foolish Mortals had a very special twist.  And who doesn't love Tim Burton? And if all of Ralph's creations weren't enough, there were plenty more goodies to be had.  Kaypendragon's Sugar Skull (I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you!), Snowbaby's How many licks (love the adorable themed tin), Treasurehona's beautiful La Calavera Feliz 2013, and Popeye's impressive Banzai!!! were just a few of my favorites.

Blue Delft must've heard my stomach growl because just as I was starting to feel hungry, she offered me some windmill cookies.  After stamping in some more I had a quick bowl of mac and cheese to recharge my batteries.  As I was taking a breather, True Indigo surprised me with an invitation to be here now.
I am often compass challenged but I came up with it pretty easily. It was magical.  That Crayola Posse is always ready with a new and exciting - and extremely creative - adventure.  They even had a convenient stamping stump stationed right nearby!   How do that do that?!

Other highlights of the day included meeting and exchanging with Popeye, Treasurehonas, RiverSol (hope to take you up on that game next time), Anne of Green Gables, SuperDognFamily, alphagraywolf, Razbunny, Cozy Reader (loved the "bow tie"), Pink, Silly Moosehead (great get-up), Fluttering Dragonfly, and of course, Ralph himself! I was even pleased to meet Yankee fan in PA, even though I'm a BoxSox kind of gal.

Ralph had hidden some great new boxes in the vicinity.  It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed getting outside to stretch and soak in the fall beauty.  The carvings are a wonderful addition to my day of the dead collection.  I have been pouring over all of my new images since my return from the great event.

Unfortunately, I had to head out early.  As I was packing up the ofrenda, the Booshmen came by to ask to stamp in.  I was happy to oblige. I hope to have more time to connect with them again soon.  But for now, I had to run so that I could primp. I had a million dollars to win. Tough job but someone's got to do it.

Happy dia de la muertos and Happy Halloween everyone.

And again, many thanks to you, Ralph!


No comments: