Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cape Queens


We headed out to the Skunknett River wildlife sanctuary to meet the Cape Queens. It was a bit of a hike for us and in an area in which I had never been. 
It rained very hard the previous evening so it was very wet and drippy as we hiked along.  We had trouble finding the landmarks since the sanctuary was very overgrown with summertime vegetation. 

After some retracing of steps we were so excited to find the Queen of Cleverness.  There was an ant colony guarding her.  The box was really wonderful. There was a perfectly themed and appointed logbook and a beautifully carved stamp.  Well worth the trouble.  We were bummed we weren't able to find any of the other queens but I was tickled to learn who the Queen of Cleverness is.  I have briefly met a handful of the Cape Queens in person but not well enough to know which alter ego matches up with each...although, since I've found several of their boxes, I could venture a guess.

This one was so good I hope to get back another day and find them all.

No comments: