Sunday, April 24, 2011

An unexpected meeting



As I was basking in the glory of my trip around the world, I took some time in the afternoon to visit a few of my ancestors in the Brewster area,
Chillingsworth Foster (1680 - 1764), his wife, Marcy Freeman Foster (1687 – 1720), and her father, John Freeman (1651 – 1721).

Anyway, I've had a letterbox ready to plant that I wanted to put in a cemetery and was checking this one out to see if it would be suitable. As I was walking the perimeter of the cemetery yard I found an upside down container. When I picked it up and looked closer it was a letterbox. I didn't know where to hide it, I didn't even realize that any were planted here. So I brought it back with me and sent the owner a message. The box was missing a logbook which I replaced. Two days later I returned and hid the letterbox in its correct spot. I was unexpectedly pleased to meet Mr. Jonathan Cobb and have a little tour of his family. Unfortunately, Reliance was was not there, but her hollow was hard to miss.

No comments: